Collector's Guide Table of Contents
6 minutes ago
1 hour 17 minutes ago
3 hours 8 minutes ago
3 hours 19 minutes ago
7 hours 14 minutes ago
7 hours 16 minutes ago
7 hours 30 minutes ago
10 hours 19 minutes ago
|Jef Murray update|
Subject: Jef Murray update
by Urulöké on 2010/4/11 23:30:45
Jef sends the following:
If you go to my website at http://www.JefMurray.com , you will find that archival quality prints are now available again for _all_ of my Tolkien paintings! These could not be had for a couple of years, so I’m delighted that they’re now back. All are exact duplicates of the originals in size. The reproductions are Giclee, archival quality, limited edition prints that are each numbered and signed.
You will also find graphite sketch images, most of which are Tolkien- themed, now displayed on my website. You can see these by clicking on the new “Graphite Sketches” gallery button. This gallery has only a few items in it at present, but in addition to Tolkien-themed sketches, it will soon feature book illustrations (from “Black & White Ogre Country”, “The Magic Ring”, etc.) as they become available.
- Volume 3 of “Silver Leaves”, the journal of the White Tree Fund (http://www.whitetreefund.org/) is nearing completion! It will feature Tolkien/Fantasy Art and Artists as its theme. The issue should be available for preorder almost any time, and should prove a worthy follow-on to Volumes 1 and 2. I’ve not seen the final layout, but I believe it may include a short article plus a few of my painting images in addition to the work of many other artists.
- MythCon 41, the 41st annual conference of the U.S. Mythopoeic Society, will be held this July 9-12 in Dallas, and I will be attending (see http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/41/ ). I will present at least one paper at this year’s gathering, the theme of which is War in Heaven. At my talk, I will discuss my work on Black & White Ogre Country as well as on the new illustrated edition of Fouque’s The Magic Ring. It should be a great time! Why not join us?
- The next full exhibition at Moreton in Marsh, “The Edge of the Wild”, will be held August 13-16th. This is a free event, and it will feature not only the latest works from Ted Nasmith, Ruth Lacon and myself, but also will serve as a celebration of the new Hilary Tolkien book, “Wheelbarrows at Dawn: Memories of Hilary Tolkien”. In addition, copies of my own new work, an illustrated edition of “The Magic Ring” by Fouque, will also be available at the exhibit. Details and updates will be announced on the ADC Art & Books website (http://www.adcbooks.co.uk/ ), on the “Edge of the Wild” Facebook page, and on my website (www.JefMurray.com) .
- For those in or around Wales August 13-15th , please keep in mind that in addition to “Edge of the Wild”, there will be a general Tolkien and fantasy-themed conference and exhibition just over the Welsh border. The Festival in the Shire (http://www.festivalintheshire.com ) looks to be a great venue for Tolkien fans and scholars. I am sorry to say that I will be unable to attend the event, but some of my artwork will be on display, and many other excellent Tolkien artists will have their work exhibited. The intent is to make this a yearly event, and with luck I hope to attend future gatherings.
- For folks interested in original paintings and sketches or prints of my work, please take a look at the ADC Art and Books online catalog at www.adcbooks.co.uk . It features Tolkien-themed works by Ted Nasmith, Ruth Lacon, Peter Pracownik, and myself. In addition, you’ll find collectible items (e.g. Black & White Ogre Country: The Lost Tales of Hilary Tolkien) and rare books featured in the catalog and on the website.