|Re: Looking for info on map/poster|
Subject: Re: Looking for info on map/poster
by Urulöké on 2010/4/21 9:32:54
I don't have Tolkienalia (Beyond Bree catalog) in front of me today, so I am winging it a bit here, but in general:
- There doesn't seem to be any significant difference in valuation that I have seen between any of the various printings. This poster was in print for a little while during the late 1960s, but I don't recall offhand when they stopped making them.
- It is scarce enough that even damaged copies such as yours will make it worth selling rather than throwing away. eBay or here would be your best bet overall.
- There is a third Remington poster that I have not added to the Guide yet (the "Come to Middle-earth" version) even though I have one tucked away. Just no time to get the camera out recently...
- I usually haven't seen these folded, just rolled. I am thinking that your copy came with one of the fan club mailings rather than from a bookstore, but that is just a guess.
- Do you have a significant chunk of the poster missing on the left side near the middle? That would probably be the one of the larger defects to affect value.
- Can you send a snapshot (or type in) the text information printed in the lower corners? That will be useful to document the variations of this poster produced (but as I said, no-one seems to care when they care collecting these, that I am aware of).
Thanks for posting!