Posted on: 2013/1/29 14:07

Re: The Wonders of...
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Halla --why were you bidding on it? It doesn't say it's a 1st, & I don't see any evidence ("Questions and answers about this item" posted by seller) anyone asked. Were you anywhere near that £92 mark? I think you could get a copy far, far cheaper than this.

BH

Posted on: 2013/1/29 15:21

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Posted on: 2013/1/30 10:22

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
The listing itself is hysterical:

Must be very rare--i can't find this edition anywhere: eBay, WorthPoint, etc. No where. The only other one that came close was selling for $999. Mine looks the same as that, and is in better condition, but he says his is illustrated by Tolkien. He could be mistaken. Anyway--mine is also hardback, but illustrated by the great Alan Lee. Both b/w and color ilustrations, and lots of 'em. Inside is in absolute MINT condition. Cover is darn near mint too--just two pin-point white specks, and a 1/4" by 1/16" smudge on the back. They'll probably wipe off, but i am not going to touch this thing. Found it in parent's attic. Pages nice and crisp. Just beautiful.

BH

Posted on: 2013/1/30 13:43

Shirrif
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Great photos to show off this very rare book, what a numpty (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty)

From the pictures it appears to be missing the dust-jacket, but from the description it may be included, but even so one of the best entries to The Wonders of... for a long time

Have a look at this listing from ebay, one book seems to be a lot more expensive than items that you "can't find this edition anywhere: eBay, WorthPoint, etc. No where. The only other one that came close was selling for $999. Mine looks the same as that, and is in better condition". I can see two US copies in the listing both of which have dust-jackets.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat ... +alan+lee+hardback&_sop=3

Posted on: 2013/1/30 13:58

« 1 ... 170 171 172 (173) 174 175 176 ... 256 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.