I am selling rare set of the first 10 impressions of The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. All these first editions will be sold with their original matching dust jackets. With the recent release of The Hobbit in cinemas, popularity is at an all-time high and we are very eager to sell them. As I am sure you all know First edition copies of The Hobbit are an extremely sought-after collector’s item, with some copies selling upwards of £30,000 on their own. Far from being 10 copies of the same book, this collection dates from the First Edition release in 1937 to the tenth print run in 1958, and charts the meteoric rise of a children’s book - the first release by an unknown writer - to the global phenomenon it had become by 1958. Over the course of these 10 editions, text is altered, chapters introduced and dust jacket designs amended to account for the rising popularity of the Lord of the Rings series. Please let me know if anyone is interested in making an offer for some or all of these impressions!