6 hours 56 minutes ago

Trotter
10 hours 16 minutes ago

Karl
12 hours 27 minutes ago

SeanG
19 hours 27 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

The Hobbit audio record by Richard Harris (?)
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
From a mail send to me:

"I have been looking for, with no success, a copy of "The Hobbit", an audio record performed by Richard Harris (?), or Harrison. A considerable amount of time has passed since I owned the "album" and have lost it due to countless loans, and of course one non-return (Friends?).
I have come upon some art students from the Maryland Institute College of Art, MICA, which have actually listened to and truly take pleasure in this recording. We plan on getting together to enjoy this masterpiece as a group but no one can locate a copy.
Finally, the question: Is this recording available today, new, used, album, tape, or CD (CD preferred)?"

Does anyone know more about this? I for sure do not know or own the recording.

Posted on: 2006/10/26 0:26

Re: The Hobbit audio record by Richard Harris (?)
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I would certainly ask Mike Williams (TolkienCollector.com and the Shire Radio). The best audio expert I know... and nothing like a Richard Harris recording is listed on his site.

Since they call it a record, I assume it is vinyl and professionally produced. If it was a cassette tape, perhaps it was an amateur recording - I know of a few from the sixties that were never officially licensed/released.

One last note, "Toys, Games etc." seemed a poor place to have this useful thread, so I will move it to a new Audio/Video category.

Jeremy

Posted on: 2006/10/26 10:48

blackpanther2227@aol,com
Re: The Hobbit audio record by Richard Harris (?)
Guest_blackpanther2227@aol,com
hi i see your lookin for record of the hobbit i was cleaning out garage and came across one by disney land records with a page page book it has one record in it and has mcmlxxvii on it so i think its from the seventies but i dont know if it is complete please let me know if you can remember what makes it complete all the best paul

Posted on: 2008/5/20 8:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]