Posted on: 2009/5/20 2:44

Re: Super-Deluxe Sigurd & Gudrun
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I am told that this was an error, and will be fixed in the overnight (UK time) update of their territory database for the website. Try again this evening (USA time) and it should work! (Fingers crossed here and at HC as well).

Posted on: 2009/5/20 11:23

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Thanks for the info, Jeremy. The website was still rejecting me about an hour ago, but I just gave it one last shot before bedtime, and it worked! Too bad I will not get a nice low number, but I guess that is not terribly important.

Posted on: 2009/5/20 18:34

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
> Too bad I will not get a nice low number, but I guess that is not terribly important.

I wouldn't be too sure - It really depends on how popular it has been. I'm not certain that they even sent out the emails to those who pre-registered interest stating the book was actually available (I know I didn't get one). If they didn't, there may not have been that many purchases so far, anyway.

Of course, they may have started taking phone orders the day before when they definitely did send out an email stating it was just a day away (and provided a phone number), in which case a few might have been sold before the official release and that would push the numbers up a bit.

I'd actually quite like to be wrong, but I can't imagine there has been a great stampede of buyers. Even CoH took a couple of days to get into triple figures and I would have thought that this would be less popular (although it is a more sensible price, and content-wise is IMHO a (surprisingly) more interesting book, so who knows..?).

Stu

Posted on: 2009/5/20 18:52

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Stu, I agree with your assessment. I don't think that it will be too high. I am guessing anywhere from 30 to 50.

What I would love to happen, is for all the avid collectors to get their copies, and then HC announce that they decided to cut production to 250, instead of 500 copies.

Posted on: 2009/5/20 19:02

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 16 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]