Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

27 Nov, 2009
2009-11-27 6:41:49 PM UTC
Thats the one. Run by the Elvish Linguistic Fellowship. There was a post about PE 18 a couple of weeks ago. Maybe the mails aren't getting to you - spam trap issues or something?
28 Nov, 2009
2009-11-28 8:55:31 PM UTC
Yes indeed - something like that. After I posted I started looking into my Yahoo-groups account. For some reason it had stalled. I've got it working again, but all the mailgroups on which the announcement was made, Lambengolmor, Elfling and Elfscript2, run on Yahoo-groups, so they were all affected. Other cares worritting at my mind, I hadn't noticed that the drip of group mails had dried up.

No fault of the ELF, therefore.

But it may be noted that Julian Bradfield's Tolklang mailgroup doesn't work on Yahoo, but on Edinburgh University servers; it may be barely alive, but it isn't dead yet; although it breathes maybe once a year nowadays.

ITF also runs on its own servers, but that of course isn´t open to the public. It is, however, intended for committees and editors, conference organisers and the like, of Tolkien societies and closely related organisations in good standing, for (among other things) announcing, even in advance, events, publications, etc., so that societies can then pass these on to their members (at the proper time).
29 Nov, 2009
2009-11-29 8:14:43 AM UTC
Does anyone know when Vinyar Tengwar 50 might be out?

- wellinghall
30 Jan, 2010
2010-1-30 7:40:53 AM UTC
Just want to express my appreciation that the re-publication of PE #14 was announced here (as well as on the usual Yahoo-groups), and that I was able to pre-order straight away, this time.

Also my thanks that the issue is reprinted in the first place. Now for the others - one down, three to go, in my case!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us