Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

13 Sep, 2010
2010-9-13 11:24:35 AM UTC
As you all noticed Tolkien Calendar 2011 will feature the art by Cor Blok (yes also use it in my avatar). Hope you all like it. In Tolkien illustration this probably about the complete other end compared to the works we have seen the last several years (Alan Lee, John Howe, Ted Nasmith,...) - still I hope Cor Blok's art can be appreciated by many. I would describe his art as wonderfully odd, but incredible fascinating.

At the moment I'm doing a lot of research on the art of Cor Blok and wanted to see if there are any members here that could help me out a little.

For example, who attended the SF convention in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, in November 1994? Who bought the Cor Blok paintings that were on display there (n° 18, 19 and 20) or took pictures of them? The convention was called Hillcon V and Seal-Con... all info is welcome! In fact, all info on Cor Blok's paintings is more then welcome!

Does have anyone have more info on the exhibition (and selling) of Cor Blok's art on SF conventions in the 90's? It is quit important to find correct info about this to really understand how his paintings were put on the market and got dispersed. At the moment I'm especially trying to locate all current owners of his paintings.

I'm especially looking for info on the following paintings:
Isengard
Ephel Dúath
Sam attacks Shelob
The game of riddles
Weathertop
The Last Bridge
Minas Morgul

All help is very welcome!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us