Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

17 Oct, 2010 (edited)
2010-10-17 2:35:21 PM UTC
My brother-in-law (& my sister) moved to Matamata to work on the Hobbiton set in April this year (for 6 months). They've already moved on (or are due to right now, in October) to Wellington (Miramir, where all the studios are). So my guess is that filming is (or was) very much intended to go ahead in NZ early next year...

BH
18 Oct, 2010
2010-10-18 12:45:48 PM UTC
Terrible news! Jackson made an entertaining film but is in no way the only one who could make a Middle Earth movie. Why is it so hard to make a movie exactly like the book. The Hobbit is not strictly canon and is written for children. None of Tolkiens works should be made into live action movies. In 3D, come on. Are we not over this decades obsession with this sub standard way of filming movies!!
24 Oct, 2010
2010-10-24 4:57:37 AM UTC
"I am a wizard," continued Gandalf. "I have heard of you, if you have not heard of me; but perhaps you have heard of my good cousin Radagast who lives near the southern borders of Mirkwood?"

Scottish actor Sylvester McCoy, famous for his role as sci-fi's Dr Who in the 1980s, was this weekend cast as wizard Radagast the Brown in the film.

This is exactly what I feared, one mention of Radagast in the book and Jackson has cast an actor, I can sense more "wizard fights" looming.
26 Oct, 2010
2010-10-26 11:37:34 AM UTC
Oh great. I wonder if the movie will be full of flashbacks, or if there will be a short half hour intro showing the Istari arriving.

Sylvester McCoy, a good Doctor, but.....
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us