Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

27 Oct, 2010
2010-10-27 8:15:13 PM UTC
This is slightly off topic for a Tolkien collecting forum but...

I just got a terrible sinking feeling that the website had got hacked again, after only 48 hours back online. All the ISBN numbers on the details pages had been taken over by a link to Skype and were trying to persuade me to call someone in Poland!

I have just got a new laptop and the oh so clever IE8 highjacks anything that looks like a contact number and converts it to a Skype link. Which genius thought of that we wonders... and why oh why is it set as default? Having never used Skype, it would have been nice if the feature had announced itself before it started merrily messing about with my webpages! Thankfully I have managed to workout how to turn off this "helpful" feature, so panic over.

[Cancels paranoia mode]
29 Oct, 2010
2010-10-29 5:32:44 PM UTC
Wonderful news Deagol!

Sorry for the late response, I have been on minimal background mode here for a while due to the day job.

Good to have you back, and I can't wait for the book!
8 Nov, 2010
2010-11-8 4:47:25 AM UTC
this is good news
8 Jan, 2011
2011-1-8 6:42:35 AM UTC
Deagol has updated the site www.tolkienbooks.net

****NEW**** TolkienBooks.net has a new look. Virtually all of the site has been updated with just a couple of Bibiography sections left to do and a few of the articles. ****NEW**** Printing and Binding Early Editions of The Hobbit has been added to the Articles Section. It is based on material that was lost when the site was hacked, but this has been significantly expanded to include new information.
9 Mar, 2011
2011-3-9 7:09:26 AM UTC
Some more updates

****NEW**** New Advanced Search Function added allowing searches of individual fields in the Bibliography database. ****NEW**** The Slipcases and Boxed Sets section has been given an overhaul, with additional details added for each set and new photographs throughout.

As ever the site gets more useful

http://www.tolkienbooks.net/php/slipcases.php
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us