Earl
10 hours 51 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 158 159 160 (161) 162 163 164 ... 176 »

Re: New Book Releases
Quite a regular
Group:
Fellowship
It sounds like the 3 volumes will not be individually slipcased, but only have one large slipcase. In terms of continuity, I find this a little disappointing, along with the choice to bind them all in black. Why not differing shades of black/gray? The slipcases within a slipcase of the collections gathering the first 4 and the 5 books in the series were a bit overkill, but being able to shelve each book with its own slipcase is a bonus in my view.

Posted on: 6/8 20:13:51

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk

Karl wrote:
It sounds like the 3 volumes will not be individually slipcased, but only have one large slipcase. In terms of continuity, I find this a little disappointing, along with the choice to bind them all in black. Why not differing shades of black/gray? The slipcases within a slipcase of the collections gathering the first 4 and the 5 books in the series were a bit overkill, but being able to shelve each book with its own slipcase is a bonus in my view.

I absolutely agree with you, Karl. The all black is a disappointing choice for a series that has had some lovely colour variations. I too felt they could have used shades of some colour to tie these three volumes together.

And of course, the fact that they will come in a single encapsulating box is going to break the continuity. I doubt they will release just outer boxes for those who've collected the rest of the books separately.

Oh well! At least we're getting these books in the same style, which is what I had hoped for :)

Posted on: 6/8 21:06:44

Shirrif
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I think I would have preferred individual slipcases, but happy to wait and see what it looks like. If I like I will buy, if not, I'll give it a miss. A lot of variable factors as to whether this one hits the spot (for me), I think.

I hope that it is one that I want to buy, mind.

Posted on: 6/8 22:39:14

(edited)

Quite a regular
Group:
Shirefolk
I really can't fathom the idea of a deluxe slip-cased 3 volume 'reference work'. 3 volumes of the weight of HoME will ruin the poorly constructed slip in no time unless it never moves from one spot.

Posted on: 6/9 1:39:13

Shirrif
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

onthetrail wrote:
I really can't fathom the idea of a deluxe slip-cased 3 volume 'reference work'. 3 volumes of the weight of HoME will ruin the poorly constructed slip in no time unless it never moves from one spot.

Agreed. That is the problem with the current slipcased standard HoME edition.

Posted on: 6/9 3:53:38

« 1 ... 158 159 160 (161) 162 163 164 ... 176 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]