J.R.R. TOLKIEN. An autograph letter signed November 19, 1957, creator of a whole new world in his epic The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Tolkien writes, in a self-deprecating fashion, to Professor Przemyslaw Mroczkowski, Polish historian of English Literature, "My wife and I are very gratified for your invitation [from] you and your wife. I would, of course, but for the thought of the trouble we should be giving, be far more pleasant to have lunch chez vous." "I am dreadfully sorry that we cannot manage this Tuesday; but I do hope that you will find a chance to ask us again! (If I go to America at all, I will not be until the middle of March at the earliest). This is a very crowded week, and my wife is unfortunately not able to do many things (pleasant or otherwise) in succession. Tuesday is quote a good day usually." "I do not understand your use of 'bold'! It is extraordinarily kind of you both to bother about us. We are quite unimportant people. And I do hope that I have been bold enough to address you as a colleague without title. You will please do the same to me."

BuyitNow £2300

This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: historystore2011
(34)
Ended Jul 22, 2011
This item ended more than 90 days ago