Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

16 Oct, 2011
2011-10-16 1:28:05 AM UTC
I haven't read much modern fantasy outside the works of Tolkien and Lewis, but I do enjoy the dystopian genre a lot (though this is probably a sub-genre of SF).

Also, I've read Ender's Game (again, more SF) and really enjoyed it, and I read the first Harry Potter book over the summer, but was sadly disappointed.
21 Oct, 2011
2011-10-21 9:53:00 AM UTC
I'm sure nobody really cares, but I just recently bought Memories Of The Space Age by J. G. Ballard (Arkham House, 1988). I'd read Ballard here & there before (perhaps the odd short story) and was not particularly impressed. This collection of stories brings together his Cape Canaveral stories. Thematically linked, in setting & tone, I found them captivating. This is one of the best short story collections I've read in years.

BH
24 Oct, 2011
2011-10-24 9:23:03 PM UTC
Lots of interesting suggestions in this thread. I will check them all out in time. Has anyone read the books of Robin Hobb, I've read some positive reviews on other sites.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us