Jlong
7 hours 27 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Buying Tolkien
Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Also on the topic of HoME, is a price label added after being price clipped mean much in terms of what the book was intended for and collectible value? a few years ago i bought a 1/1 Book of Lost Tales that has an A&U sticker on it and i remember someone telling me that that was good, a bonus in a way. But that book was not price clipped and did not have a price, just the sticker. Thanks, and it looks like there's someone who wants that PoME!

Posted on: 2012/5/1 21:15

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Peeta wrote:
So you all are not going to be bidding on this copy huh?!

Nope, already got a priced one and an unpriced one. I think that is me done with copies of PoME!

Posted on: 2012/5/2 1:29

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Once Stu has finished boasting... you know he'll maybe take a picture of them both on top of one of his cars for you!

Peeta, the stickers on BoLT I & BoLT II (& Shaping --but more complicated) are the priced copies; there are no jackets with printed prices --GA&U utilised stickers. Therefore it can be hard to tell copies that were never priced, from ones that have simply had the sticker removed (or removed through wear). Sometimes you'll see people mention sticker residue i.e. it had a sticker, it doesn't now. Although, keep in mind, Guild/BCA (Book Club) had there own marked copies for the early numbers of HoME --so unmarked copies of BoLT probably genuinely were for export i.e. commonwealth copies.

You could, of course, try to assemble as set of both priced & unpriced...

BH

Posted on: 2012/5/2 13:26

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Thanks khamul, that helps! Does anyone want to take on what the price sticker situation with Shaping and after is? i assume that some of it is just inflation so they took the old price off and put a higher price on via sticker, but...was there something else going on? thanks

Khamul wrote:
Once Stu has finished boasting... you know he'll maybe take a picture of them both on top of one of his cars for you!

Peeta, the stickers on BoLT I & BoLT II (& Shaping --but more complicated) are the priced copies; there are no jackets with printed prices --GA&U utilised stickers.

Posted on: 2012/5/2 17:12

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Khamul wrote:

BH

Funny you should say that, as when I got home today, I found that my copies of Peoples had been out for a drive. The priced one was in the drivers seat, obviously...

Attach file:

jpg  photo.JPG (85.03 KB)
228_4fa273cd50e9e.jpg 640X478 px

Posted on: 2012/5/3 5:02

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.