(1) 2 »

What Booksellers Say...
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I was clearing out my email account & found two amusing replies I received (to enquiries I had made) which I thought I'd share. Both were, unsurprisingly, in regard to copies of The Silmarillion I was trying to purchase.

You have obviously forgotten, although I haven't, that you already asked me all this stuff once before, at which point you subsequently mailed me again some time later requesting clarification as to which copy was the one I had listed for sale.

You clearly have very specific requirements regarding a copy of "The Silmarillion" and an abundance of patience when it comes to making enquiries to find it. I, on the other hand, just can't be bothered answering the same questions more than once when I know the buyer didn't bite the first time around and most likely won't this time either.

Sun, 6 Jul 2008

You are a little out of touch with postal rates – if I cut the packing to an absolute minimum – I might just squeeze it in at 745 grams and so the postage would be £2.75.

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) – is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children – for bread

Our paypal account is [...]

Thu, 30 Dec 2010

BH

Posted on: 2012/9/16 8:58

Edited by Khamûl on 2014/1/3 12:11:22

Re: What Booksellers Say...
Home away from home
From Sweden
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
one consolation (for you) – is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children – for bread

Why didn't you try this one when I got the Mallorn bargain from you recently?

Posted on: 2012/9/16 9:50

Edited by Khamûl on 2014/1/3 12:15:31

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Because I don't have any children...

BH

Posted on: 2012/9/16 9:54

Edited by Khamûl on 2014/1/3 12:13:57

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Abebooks bookseller description:

Book Description: Gollancz, London, 1980. Hard Cover. Book Condition: As New. Dust Jacket Condition: As New. First Edition. Immaculate, unread copy of a sensational and elusive collection of six superb pieces of fiction from this accomplished author. Pristine boards are complemented by an unblemished spine whose solidity, perfection and dignity mock gravity, whilst the pure, clean pages cock a snook at invasive dust particles. The £6.95 price-bearing dust jacket embodies the redefinition of perfection. An outstanding copy, every bit as perfect as the hype used to sell it is base. AS NEW. Bookseller Inventory # 7072

BH

Posted on: 1/3 11:29:27

Edited by Khamûl on 2014/1/3 12:12:08
Edited by Khamûl on 2014/1/3 12:14:45

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
By chance, do all your base belong to us?

every bit as perfect as the hype used to sell it is base.

Posted on: 1/3 12:07:05

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]