Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

11 Oct, 2012
2012-10-11 11:33:37 AM UTC
dunedain, if the inquirer finds the book, it would be interesting to know the title.

Contrary to Khamûl (no offence! ), I actually suspect s/he's referring to Treasures (which reproduces a few covers of foreign editions); I can't think of any similar book.
11 Oct, 2012
2012-10-11 7:48:41 PM UTC
Who cares about the inquirer! --are you questioning my (scanty) knowledge of Treasures Morgan!?

The inquirer states:

It is a kind of compilation of Art work of Tolkien editions (Lord of the rings and/or The Hobbit including covers of these books) from all over the world. I remember illustrations of the editions of Russia, Japan, Hungary, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, France, some Scandinavian countries etc

This is quite specific.

Okay... so I have Treasures in my hand. I see two tiny images of Russian & German editions of LR; a German & a Faroese Hobbit; & a French Silmarillion... & then some toys. This book is truly awful; mistakes on every page. But those are the only foreign book covers pictured.

But, more importantly, either the inquirer has a shocking memory (or is confusing German with Japanese!), or this isn't the book they're referring to...

BH
11 Oct, 2012
2012-10-11 7:54:49 PM UTC
Plus, why would any respectable public library have this on its shelves?

BH
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us