6 Dec, 2012
2012-12-6 5:23:04 AM UTC

Peeta wrote:
They better be AMAZING!

Not all the early reviews are positive

Review: Hobbit bloated beyond J.R.R. Tolkien’s imagination
7 Dec, 2012
2012-12-7 2:57:06 AM UTC
jlong, yes it is a 1/1 (though i know someone on here who would say not a 1/1/1 ) with a dust jacket that is missing the lower piece of the spine. The book is in wonderful shape with only slight rubbing to the bottom corners and the defects to the dj (price clipped, torn down the spine and fully missing the Allen and Unwin piece of the spine). But that is to say for $200 (American) i am very happy with what i bought.
And about the Hobbit movies, that was all tongue in cheek. Extremely tongue in cheek.
7 Dec, 2012
2012-12-7 4:10:01 AM UTC
Sounds like a good deal.

I own two RotK British 1/1 copies (unfortunately without the djs). I paid a little over $100 for each. My RotK American 1/1 (without the dj) I paid $75.

Where did you buy your RotK at?

I bought one British copy on eBay, the other on Abebooks, and the American RotK I found on Amazon.
7 Dec, 2012
2012-12-7 2:10:30 PM UTC
I found it on eBay. I had been watching it and with a few days left the seller ended the listing and put it up as a buy it now for, I think, $195. I happened to see it in a search within the first 15 min of it being listed, and after a quick discussion with my wife :), snatched it right up!
It sounds like you got a pretty good deal too, paying around $100 for your British ROTKs. On top of the one that just sold, I saw one a few months ago go for over $500.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us