As my Tolkien collection continues to grow I am starting to worry about maintaining my book collection. I've started by reading a couple of articles, including one from Christina Scull & Wayne G. Hammond posted on this forum. However, I've read conflicting information, so I would like to know your opinion and experience preserving your book collection over several years.

I happen to live in a swamp that's very hot and humid all-year round. However, the AC is almost always ON and indoors temperatures oscillate between 68F-82F (don't know what the RH is indoors, but I imagine not very high because of the AC). My bookcase is made of wood-plastic composite (WPC); I read wood is to be avoided so I want to change this. To keep silverfish and other insects away I place cinnamon sticks on the bookcase (book-eating insects thrive in this weather). I also plan to install a ceiling fan in the room and keep it going during the day to provide decent ventilation and lower the average temperature of the room. Light bulbs in the room are bright white CFL, which I guess I should ditch (what to use as a replacement?). Also, all books have mylar covers except slipcased versions.

What are your thoughts on this? Any advise? I don't want my books to end up all brown like my parents' old collections.

Can you recommend any metal bookcase or sealed wood bookcase that won't break the bank? I want to get a new bookcase to separate my new collectible books from the older books with brown pages.

Long post, I know. Thanks!