Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

4 Oct, 2016
2016-10-4 5:25:14 AM UTC
But he's the Woodside Professor of Leadership and Management!
4 Oct, 2016
2016-10-4 5:28:19 AM UTC
Well, I don't think most people would react well to that even if they know they are (Did you call him that in person?)

I just ignore anything that has his name on it.
4 Oct, 2016 (edited)
2016-10-4 6:38:46 AM UTC

Morinehtar wrote:
Well, I don't think most people would react well to that even if they know they are (Did you call him that in person?)

I just ignore anything that has his name on it.

[Edit: Just deleted everything I wrote, as I don't want to have more grief with Mr. Day, be it now or in a decade when he stumbles across this thread and blows a fuse because someone thinks his books are basically endlessly recycled used toilet paper]

I dislike him more than any other person that I have never met. I'd ritually burn his books, but it feels disrespectful to my mum who gave me them. That said, next year might be a cold winter. That and I have been known to run out of toilet paper.
4 Oct, 2016
2016-10-4 12:59:24 PM UTC
Stu, I have a few extras you can chuck on the fire. I have no issues burning his books even though my Mum may have passed me one years ago.
4 Oct, 2016
2016-10-4 3:17:00 PM UTC
Stu, I understand. Curiosity often gets the best of me, but it is certainly not my intention to revive any past troubles... Though gotta admit saying you don't want more grief with the guy followed by a paragraph suggesting alternative uses for his books gave me a good laugh
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us