Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

6 Dec, 2016
2016-12-6 12:04:21 PM UTC

Gastone Taffetani wrote:
Thanks for the link Trotter. Now it's clear the concept of "price-clipped". ;)

About the dust jacket you also know why is fairly common to find non matching books and dust jacket?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Anyway I will keep those books in my little collection.

Out of interest are your copies price-clipped?

As regards impression numbers on the dust-jackets, Tolkien's publisher GA&U would use up any printed dust-jackets that they had available, did not care that the impression number may be different to the impression in the book.

I have wondered for a long time, why they sometimes printed the impression number on the dust-jackets at all?

6 Dec, 2016
2016-12-6 4:47:45 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Gastone Taffetani wrote:
Thanks for the link Trotter. Now it's clear the concept of "price-clipped". ;)

About the dust jacket you also know why is fairly common to find non matching books and dust jacket?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Anyway I will keep those books in my little collection.

Out of interest are your copies price-clipped?

As regards impression numbers on the dust-jackets, Tolkien's publisher GA&U would use up any printed dust-jackets that they had available, did not care that the impression number may be different to the impression in the book.

I have wondered for a long time, why they sometimes printed the impression number on the dust-jackets at all?

FR and TT are price clipped, ROTK is not.

This thing about not matching dust jacket it's very strange, as you said it's not difficult print books and dust jacket at the same time.

You have some precious books?
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us