Very quick question.

As you may know, and as I keep saying, I'm new here. However, I've visited the forum a few times before actually signing up. One thing I recall is someone inquiring about specific details of the original hardback edition of The Silmarillion illustrated by Ted Nasmith that came out in 1998, not 2004.

I got one close to Christmas myself, and am curious about the printing, impression etc...as from what I can gather it had different jacket printings etc. What I mean is, some were done in 1998, others in 1999, and then in 2000....

Anyway, here are the 'quick facts' about mine, to help the experts determine which 'one' I've actually got [if it's a 98, 99 or 00 I mean.], from what I can remember others making of note of:

- The image on the spine matches the cover image (it's the same thing duplicated)

- it says "The Myths & Legends of Middle-earth" underneath "The Silmarillion" title on the front of the dustjacket.

- The price on the front inside dustjacket flap reads "19.99 until Dec 31 1998. 24.99 from 1 January 1999" [that's the only time a date higher than 1998 appears.] Also, it has the Britis pound curreny symbol in front of the price, which I can't put in with my keyboard.

- the publishing # line on the copyright reads "1 3 5 7 98 6 4 2"

- "This illustrated edition published by Harper Collins 1998"

That's all I can think of to mention at the moment.