Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

10 Oct, 2006
2006-10-10 5:17:27 PM UTC
The big news is that I have RSS feeds working for the News module. The URL for your RSS reader is

https://tolkienguide.com/modules/news/backendt.php?topicid=2

Let me know if you have any troubles!

Also, the fanzine section of the Collector's Guide is growing quite rapidly. Aiglos has given me permission to fully index their back issues and cover scans. I've put a lot of Niekas and Unicorn back issues in the database. A huge number of Russian fanzines have been added, but I need some help translating Russian - anyone able to contribute in this regard?
16 Oct, 2006
2006-10-16 6:54:49 PM UTC
I put together a navigation scheme for the fanzines section using the right sidebar for quick jumps to other areas - saving a lot of back clicks. Let me know what you think.

Also finished the first pass on the Sideshow Collectibles and Knickerbocker pages for the guide. Some images need more work, but at least something is up.

gearing up for a massive book update soon.

Tinfang_warble put in a Belgian fanzine I wasn't aware of. Thanks! Other updates welcome as well.
16 Oct, 2006
2006-10-16 8:05:54 PM UTC
Wow, very very nice! The knickerbocker and the fanzines... i'm very happy to see this. I'm always busy with the books and never have time to seek info on these items, but they are so lovely! Thnxs!!
18 Oct, 2006
2006-10-18 11:20:27 PM UTC
Thanks Beren! It's been quiet around here recently (at least all you guys, I've been cranking away) the feedback is nice.

I've put up the Wrebbit puzzles in a new Puzzles section (not sure if puzzles qualify as games, but hey, it's my site). Wrebbit makes two kinds of puzzles - Perfalock puzzles are very well cut and foam backed, so they can be picked up, hung from a wall, or flexed without falling apart. The images they chose are a bit simple (just PJ movie posters basically). But, they also make Puzz 3D puzzles. Fully illustrated three dimensional buildings, these look awesome, are quite large, and a lot of fun to put together. Too bad they only made four.

Jeremy
26 Oct, 2006
2006-10-26 7:11:46 PM UTC
Tons of fanzine section updates. Too many to list at the moment, but got the contents of I Palantir up, a bunch of smaller newsletters added, etc.

Added avatars for the discussion boards. Click on View Account on the left bar near the bottom, then click on the avatars button near the top, and upload your image (80x80 pixels).

Put a few shortcuts in the domain for the guide. So far,

http://fanzines.tolkienguide.com
http://books.tolkienguide.com
http://calendars.tolkienguide.com

are active. Just poking around to see if people find these useful.

Added a chat module, if you want to talk to me or others while I am online (you can see who is online in the left column if you are logged in). Chat module. Send me a private message if you want to chat and I am not in there. Just testing this out, usually there aren't too many of us online at the same time.

Jeremy
6 Nov, 2006
2006-11-6 11:02:27 PM UTC
I have added the table of contents for the Tolkien Studies Journal, including links to the online MUSE database that currently has HTML and PDF versions of most of the articles available online.

More general fanzine updates across the board, including trying to link into MARQCAT catalog entries for each publication they have. Adding HOOM back issue contents and reviews now, about half way done.

Got permission for Orcrist, Other Hands, Amon Hen back issue listings, Tim Kirk art scans and more, so lots on the todo list to add to the database for fanzines.
11 Nov, 2006
2006-11-11 5:46:57 AM UTC
The Board Games section has been widely filled in, many thanks to Dave and Mike from the Tolkien Boardgame Collecting website and BoardGameGeek.com for help in filling in a lot of holes! More images, better organization, and I am sure more international editions will be filled in as time permits and new items surface.
13 Nov, 2006
2006-11-13 10:12:52 PM UTC
I added all of the US MERP (Middle-earth Role Playing) items to the Games section of the guide. Still an odd typo or two (let me know if you see one).

Have a lot of international editions to add to the section this week.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us