Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: The Super Deluxe Children of Hurins are out
Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Metapraxis,

Good to hear that I'm not the only Aussie on the discussion board. Dr Quartz from Canberra used to post here, but I haven't heard form him in a while.
Drop me an email (below) if you want.

Dior
Dak011@vic.chariot.net.au

Posted on: 2007/12/16 22:48

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I just wanted to show my appreciation for people discussing when they ordered and what number they ended up getting. I live in the U.S. and had to ship my two book to my brother-in-law in Oxford, so I haven't seen which numbers I got. My order was placed 19/Nov/2007 11:55:08, so it sounds like I will get reasonable low numbers. I was afraid I would miss the boat and end up with something in the 200 or 300 range! (My brother-in-law is visiting for Christmas, so I will actually get mine in two days. I can't wait!!)

Posted on: 2007/12/17 18:29

Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
Thanks Dior - Always good to know their are fellow people (especially on the same continent) who don't think it's lunacy to have 10 different copies of the same book :)

Posted on: 2007/12/17 19:58

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Just got my books last night!. My brother-in-law toted them from the U.K. to the U.S., so although they were still shrinkwrapped, he had to remove them from their boxes in order to pack them. I have only opened one of them an it was #34/500. Since the box is gone, I do not know if the other one is #33 or #35 (assuming that I got a sequential pair).

Regarding my opinion of the book.... It truly is a fine binding. The leather is very nice. Although I understand Deagol's sentiment that a very nice slip-cased edition has a great feel (although I have yet to experience the sensation produced by an '82 Super Silmarillion), the clamshell will ultimately protect better.

Posted on: 2007/12/20 8:17

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
...good to know their are fellow people (especially on the same continent) who don't think it's lunacy to have 10 different copies of the same book :) -Metapraxis

It is lunacy!
Who's got more than 10 copies of the same book!?

Posted on: 2007/12/22 3:04

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]