Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

21 Jan, 2008
2008-1-21 10:18:13 PM UTC
I'll add that Nigel just sent me the contents of #6 - as Khamul mentions, it is not Tolkien related. The title is MUSICAL FACETS OF LEWIS - two musical performances of Lewis' fiction (Perelandra and LW&W).

There is also the following CD available from Nigel that is not a part of the Inklings Archives:

[Move along, nothing to see...]
21 Jan, 2008
2008-1-21 11:23:04 PM UTC
Shhh! You're weren't meant to mention that one!!
(Seriously, the Estate is now on Nigel's tail!)

Of course Deagol had this one noted on www.tolkienbooks.net January update...
23 Jan, 2008
2008-1-23 7:27:17 PM UTC
Heads up to Beren, for plugging these on TolkienLibrary.

BH
21 May, 2008
2008-5-21 5:01:23 PM UTC
When I bought this I was asked to keep it a secret, but Nigel has put the secret recording mentioned earlier in these posts on Ebay, which puts it in the public domain.

It is limited to 10 copies (2 must be left) and I thought it was definitely one of the most interesting recordings from The Inklings Archives.

Microphones in Middle-Earth

'Microphones in Middle-Earth', a CD of talks given at Church House, Westminster, in March 1981, on the BBC radio dramatisation of Tolkien's 'Lord of the Rings'. Speakers are: Brian Sibley and Michael Bakewell, co-adapters; Penny Leicester, co-producer; Stephen Oliver, composer; David Collings, actor (Legolas), and Peter Woodthorpe, actor (Gollum). The original recording was made by Nigel Sustins, then Manager of Church House Bookshop (on tape, converted to digital format).
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us