Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

23 Nov, 2006
2006-11-23 7:44:16 PM UTC
Lazzo,

I think we all appreciate your copy is a genuine signature, as their is good provenance as to where it was signed and that both Christopher and Alan signed it.

I was refereing to the other copy on Ebay which has no provenance listed, though looking at other signatures for Christopher Tolkien including the printed signature on the back of 'The Inklings', I now agree with Deagol that it looks a good signature.

It is interesting about the tolkien.co.uk website, Tolkien is still a very big seller for Harper Collins, it has puzzled me as to why it is so out of date and does not get updated and now I know.

Trotter
23 Nov, 2006 (edited)
2006-11-23 8:15:49 PM UTC
Trotter - the other signature is Ted Nasmith.

It is a shame about tolkien.co.uk. I guess that now the 'Tolkien boom' has passed Tolkien books aren't the money spinner they were. With a little effort it could be a great site. Maybe somebody should volunteer!
24 Nov, 2006
2006-11-24 7:56:35 AM UTC
No, we don't need to. It will be remade by 7 january 2007... so i was told. It will be remade to prepare for the publication of Children of Hurin.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us