8 hours 24 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Quiet in here
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
There haven't been any posts for a while - is everyone okay?

wellinghall

Posted on: 2008/3/24 13:42

Re: Quiet in here
Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
It's very quite on ebay too!!

Dior

Posted on: 2008/3/25 3:15

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
I think I'm okay; perhaps everyone has given up on all this collecting lark! (chuckle )

[Not that your interested I'm sure...] but I've just been tiding up arrangements regarding attendance at ADC event in Moreton. I enjoyed myself more than I expected last year; so hopefully this year should be as interesting & enjoyable.

More artists; more books; and at least I know where I'm going this time! Pieter appears to be doing his talk on Tolkien signatures on the Sunday (morning?; nobody seems sure!); and I'm looking forward to that (as long as it is in the morning & I'm still there.) Balance seems to have shifted (ever so slightly) towards the centre ground in the ART:BOOKS balance! (or perhaps not...)

If anyone is interested in meeting up (in whatever capacity book collectors meet up!), be happy to put a face to a (ebay; TCG; real!) name.

BH

Posted on: 2008/3/26 10:52

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I've been completely swamped for almost a month now (it seems you noticed, since you started this thread. ). Too much to do for the day job recently (including a week in Hong Kong and China), as well as ramping up to take over the fulfillment responsibilities for the Mythopoeic Society Press.

So, I really wish I could make the ADC event! Maybe next year. Hopefully my job will bring me to the UK soon anyways (or even Belgium to visit Beren) but I only know what I am doing next week at best, making plans further away seems fruitless.

I'll take this opportunity to ask what people want to see more of around here - I've been poking under the hood for the Guide database (minor changes to content and the look and feel), posted a few articles/interviews, etc. Do you use the News section? Does that belong in the forum as well as a category, rather than a completely different menu structure? Does anyone use the Tolkien Online RSS feed experiment? Etc. Any feedback welcome.

Posted on: 2008/3/26 12:37

ajkjr@fuse.net
Guest_ajkjr@fuse.net
I will be attending the ADC event on Saturday afternoon through Monday morning sometime.

He now has two full floors so there will be more room and more artwork on display.

Be sure to look me up when there. Just ask Andy where Joe Kraemer is and he'll point you in the right direction.

Joe

Posted on: 2008/3/31 7:16

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.