Jlong
13 hours 27 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Signed Deluxe Children of Hurin
Just popping in
Group:
Shirefolk
thats a pity about no illustrated version of Unfinished Tales mentioned in the David Brawn interview.,
maybe you could suggest to him an un-illustrated Deluxe version of Unfinished Tales, similar to the black Deluxe Silmarillion, HoME and LotR series.
also it would be interesting to know if they will ever publish Tolkien's translation of Beowulf.
and can we expect any other previously unpublished Tolkien works in the near future?

Posted on: 2007/2/6 3:19

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I saw the new paintings from Ted Nasmith and loved them... all new ones were from UT and so I thought he was preparing an illustrated edition. It seems Brawn did not plan such an edition. Very sad, because I know Ted would love to see such edition realized.

Posted on: 2007/2/6 5:49

Home away from home
From UK
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Here are a few questions from me:

Are there any plans for a collection of Ted Nasmith art, similar to those of John Howe and Alan Lee?

I noticed a large type edition of The Children of Hurin on Amazon. Will this be in the same style as The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings from 2002-2003? Any chance of a large type Silmarillion?

This is an old chestnut, and might be from before David Brawn's time at HarperCollins, but were any copies of the hardback edition of The Peoples of Middle-earth pulped?

Over the years there have been various reports about Christopher working on a collection of the Professor's poetry. Does David know any more?

Posted on: 2007/2/6 15:04

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
How many copies of the various versions of COH are going to be published in the first printing?

I'll repeat vidugavi's question as an important one (if and when a signed edition ever comes out): "where and how would one purchase one?"

Any news on a movie for COH? (HarperCollins is probably not part of those negotiations if they are even taking place, but might as well ask. )

Posted on: 2007/2/6 15:17

Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
With regards to where the Signed Edition will be available for purchase: Here is a reply I received a couple of weeks ago from someone in Harpercollins.

"This £250 limited edition, if it happens, will be available exclusively via HarperCollins.co.uk and not available anywhere else. It's still speculative, so does not have a pub date assigned to it yet. It will probably come in the autumn, certainly not in April 2007."

Interestingly, the reply stated (though I did not ask) that it would be priced at £250. Though I imagine that the price could change (if indeed this edition ever makes it to print), but it looks that they are aiming to price it at £250.

Posted on: 2007/2/6 16:01

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]