Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

5 Feb, 2007
2007-2-5 9:35:30 AM UTC
It makes waiting for The History of the Hobbit all the harder!

Dior
5 Feb, 2007
2007-2-5 9:40:56 AM UTC
I'm really looking forward to this two volume book... by the way maybe interesting also... i received a mail of Anderson who told me he is working on a new book also. I think i'm going to get some more info to see what exactly he is working on.
5 Feb, 2007
2007-2-5 10:44:29 AM UTC
isn't he releasing a book on Tolkien's interviews sometime this year?

Dior
5 Feb, 2007
2007-2-5 6:05:14 PM UTC
Hi Dior,

the latest info I have on Douglas' Interview book is in the Events section here. October is the planned release date still.

Beren,

I agree with your non-objectivity assessment, and also agree in how useful the book is. I think part of the problem lies in the fact that Wayne and Christina had a lot of help from the family in putting these books together, and they have shown the tendency to drop relationships if they don't agree with something that was printed or said (As an example, Renee met and correpsonded with Christopher a few times and he was a member of the AHA, but when a fictional humor piece got printed in an issue of Rivendell Review that hit a little too close to home, Christopher permanently dropped all contact.)
5 Feb, 2007
2007-2-5 8:42:24 PM UTC
Humphrey Carpenter ran into the same issues when he wrote the Biography. I guess it comes with the territory.
12 Feb, 2007
2007-2-12 8:10:38 AM UTC
After finishing the Chronology I found I wanted to read it again but have all my books around me for further reference. In particular Artist and Illustrator for the references to Tolkien's illustrations.

I'll have to get some time off work to do a more thorough reading

Dior
14 Feb, 2007
2007-2-14 6:49:40 PM UTC
I agree with you Dior, I have one of the Guides on the bedside table, and I find myself seriously wanting to have a stack of other books there for cross reference.

Don't think I can get time off work, though. We will be travelling to China soon (who knows, any time in the next few months, as soon as a few weeks...) to bring home our new daughter.
15 Feb, 2007
2007-2-15 6:38:12 AM UTC
Congratulations!!!!

Certainly is exciting news
15 Feb, 2007
2007-2-15 1:47:11 PM UTC
Hey Rowns... congratulations! You talk about it a long time ago and now it is finally going to happen! Wow, must be very exciting times...

Hope all works out fine. All the best!
And now back to moving stuff, am right in the middle of moving to the new house. Tomorrow will do the beds, kitchen stuff, wardrobes, fridges, wachingmachines,... and so tomorrow night will be the first night we will sleep in the new house! Wish me luck!
16 Feb, 2007
2007-2-16 1:31:56 AM UTC
A touch of reality (and very good reality, indeed, with Beren's move and Jeremy's daughter) in a fantasy board. No matter how much fun we have with all of our Tolkien-related matters and how important they may seem, it is family and home that matter most. Congratulations to you both!

Parmastahir
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us