Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

22 Nov, 2008
2008-11-22 1:08:41 PM UTC
Yes, I second that.

I recognise the 'stained glass' calendar from Middle-earth Journeys, where we have been able to follow the genesis of those illustrations.
23 Nov, 2008
2008-11-23 8:53:05 PM UTC
Heard from Anthony:

Jessie was discharged Weds. But has to do outpatient MRI and treatment with neurologist. She still is recovering and is getting slowly back to norm.

So the good news is that she was well enough to leave the hospital . . . and that can only be good news!

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir
29 Nov, 2008
2008-11-29 3:02:05 PM UTC
For those interested, I updated my website today with the seven 2009 calendars that I have been able to catalog/collect (so far!)

Parmastahir
6 Dec, 2008
2008-12-6 1:55:13 AM UTC
For those who both ordered a copy of the 2009 HI calendar and frequent this forum, I mailed out all of the international orders (a couple to the UK, one to Norway, one to Germany, and one to Canada) today. I did not get the order list until last Saturday afternoon (well after the Post Offices had closed) and could not post them during the week (was off on a business trip early on Monday morning.) In any case, they should still arrive well before Christmas (and certainly the New Year.) Hope you like it.

Parmastahir
18 Dec, 2008
2008-12-18 1:45:55 PM UTC
Updated my Tolkien calendar website with several new entries: a calendar of photos of New Zealand sites where the LotR movies were filmed; a recently discovered 1994 calendar based upon an iconic 1977 poster. (The latter I must thank a certain aged Ent for!) Check them out at:

[url]www.angelfire.com/tn3/tolkiencalendars[/url]

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Parmastahir
28 Dec, 2008
2008-12-28 5:21:25 PM UTC
A short note to inform those interested of three calendars that I just received and entered on my website. Two (A3 and A4 size) are the annual offerings from Colin Williams. The third is also from Mr. Williams. But it is his first attempt at both full-color illustrations and subjects from LotR. Previously, all illustrations were pen and ink and depicted scenes from "The Hobbit." Colin was generous enough to allow me to feature illustrations from his previous calendars in the 2009 HI/NETS calendar.

www.angelfire.com/tn3/tolkiencalendars

Happy New Year to all!

Parmastahir
14 Feb, 2009
2009-2-14 2:39:22 PM UTC
300!

With the addition of the 2009 Elendilion and Parmadili issues to my collection, I have now been able to catalog 300 Tolkien calendars. Thank you to everyone who has helped me discover and collect these. Your support is very much appreciated. You can discover them all at:

www.angelfire.com/tn3/tolkiencalendars

Parmastahir
13 Apr, 2009
2009-4-13 2:21:40 AM UTC
I have not posted in a while. But I have been busy!

After talking about it for the longest time (almost a year and a half), I pushed my son to help me create my new website:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

He designed it when he was in college (fall of 2007.) I had registered the domain name before then. I found someone to host for it me, and got my son to map it to that server. He set up some templates, and I have been spending most of my free time over the last month transferring all of the content from the Angelfire site. I think it is now all there . . . and I have added some content. I am now creating pages with the monthly illustrations. I am using the photos that I shot for the many Calendar of the Month features. I have programmed four so far:

1969 Ken Rudolph

1986 Hobbit Presse

2002 Pocket

2003 Ronnie Sellers (postcard)

I have 23 more that I will create soon. You can access the monthly illustrations by clicking on the year/publisher (which is a green, underlined link for those entries.) Once I get all of those programmed, I will start creating new Calendar of the Month features. Those now appear on the homepage of the website. In this manner, I will someday get most (if not all) of the calendar illustrations documented.

The only thing I need him to add is a visit counter. Then I’ll abandon the Angelfire site. Actually, I think I’ll program a simple link that will take visitors to the new site.

Comments welcome!

Parmastahir

(p.s. - Fangorn may recognize this as the text of an email that I just sent to him. I had to let him know of this before "the world" as it was he who supported my initial interest in the calendars and continues to do so. I can not repay him for his time and advice and friendship . . . and calls every now and then on the weekend!)
14 Apr, 2009
2009-4-14 6:25:18 PM UTC
Very beautiful site, easy to use,...
I have put it to my favourites right away
14 Apr, 2009
2009-4-14 10:57:06 PM UTC
Really great site - must bring my own list of calendars up to date.
BTW - I have a copy of the 1994 Jimmy Cauty poster calendar. Can't remember where I bought it, though; and, sadly, it was used so - drawing-pin holes! Agh!

:)
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us