Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

8 Oct, 2010
2010-10-8 1:54:50 AM UTC
Hello to all -

Posted the October Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

Hope you enjoy it (and can appreciate "the sacrifice" that I made to be able to post it for you!)

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir
27 Oct, 2010
2010-10-27 1:12:57 AM UTC
If you're looking for a Christmas gift for a Tolkien fan, please consider the 2011 Heren Istarion/Northeast Tolkien Society Calendar available at:

http://herenistarionnets.blogspot.com/p/nets-calendar.html

The fourth in this series of calendars, it features another wonderful cover by Jef Murray, illustrations by Anke Eissmann and Sue Wookey, and a specially created centerfold by Catherine Sparsidis commemorating their 10th anniversary. Net proceeds benefit this official Tolkien Society smial. My daughter and I printed a rather limited edition: only 65 will be available!

Parmastahir
6 Nov, 2010
2010-11-6 3:48:03 AM UTC
Hello to all -

Posted the November Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

It's a humorous (and rare) calendar from the fertile mind of Dan Smith. Enjoy!

Parmastahir
2 Dec, 2010
2010-12-2 12:40:54 PM UTC
Hello to all -

Posted the December Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

It is a newly discovered rarity (only six were created.) Happy Holidays to everyone!

Parmastahir
3 Jan, 2011
2011-1-3 2:47:46 PM UTC
Hello to all!

Hope your holidays were wonderful.

Posted the January Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

It is a classic (and relative rarity) from Beyond Bree. That group celebrates its 30th anniversary in April.

Parmastahir

p.s. - With the addition of the 2011 issues and a couple of newly discovered mathoms, the list is now up to 339 calendars. Woo hoo!
2 Feb, 2011
2011-2-2 4:01:45 PM UTC
Hi from the Great White North -

Updated the Calendar of the Month for February at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

Hope you enjoy this one.

Parm
2 Mar, 2011
2011-3-2 2:36:45 AM UTC
The Calendar of the Month for March is the 2011 Beyond Bree issue. This one commemorates their 30th anniversary THIS MONTH! Congratulations to a vibrant group. Check it out at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

Many different illustrators, lots of different takes on what the characters and scenes look like. Kudos to Lotho Sackville-Baggins who edited this one.

Parm
1 Apr, 2011
2011-4-1 11:17:01 AM UTC
Hello to all -

Just posted the Calendar of the Month for April at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

This one is special to me as I had the great opportunity to work with three very talented illustrators to create it. Hope you enjoy it. Happy Spring to all!

Parm
3 May, 2011
2011-5-3 3:34:04 AM UTC
Hello to All -

Posted the May Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

This one is the FIRST 2012 calendar to come out. Admittedly, it's early in the year for a 2012 calendar to appear.

WARNING: Spoiler Alert!

This calendar is the Jef Murray ALEP 2 Fantasy Calendar. Jef created it and proceeds benefit A Long Expected Party 2 that is being planned. And Jef will sign the calendar that you purchase. You can find ordering information on his website. My copy arrived today. It's very nice and comes in a printed mailing envelope (a nice touch.)

Happy May to everyone!

Parm
9 Oct, 2011
2011-10-9 3:20:52 PM UTC
Hello to all -

Well summer is over and I'm back in a calendar mood as the 2012 calendars are coming out. So I updated the Calendar of the Month feature at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

This month's featured calendar is one of a set of rare ones (not many created and extraordinarily hard to find.) Hope everyone's fall is going well!

Parmastahir
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us