Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

23 Oct, 2007
2007-10-23 11:54:32 AM UTC
Received the 2008 calendar from Eldalie. You can find it in either the chronological or society listings at:

www.angelfire.com/tn3/tolkiencalendars

As always, would love to hear from you if you have any questions about Tolkien calendars.

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir
3 Nov, 2007
2007-11-3 12:00:01 AM UTC
Updated the Calendar of the Month feature for November. Hope you enjoy the second in this series.

Parmastahir

12 Nov, 2007
2007-11-12 12:03:18 AM UTC
Hey Phil!
Just want to add our lil project here about the 2008 Heren Istarion Calendar
JUST IN TIME FOR THE YULE TIDE HOLIDAYS!!

The first ever Heren Istarion Calendar is now available to order!
2008 Heren Istarion:
The Northeast Tolkien Society Calendar
The first-ever calendar issued by The Northeast Tolkien Society to feature previously unpublished art by:
Ted Nasmith
Jef Murray
This 2008 Calendar will also feature:

Shire Reckoning format with Gregorian offsets
Moon Phases
Important dates in Middle-earth

With Many thanks to Ted Nasmith, Jef Murrary, Phil Goss (The Compleat Gyde To Tolkien Calendars) and his daughter Megan we are ecstatic to be able to bring this one of a kind calendar to you.

For ordering information visit:
http://www.herenistarion.org
14 Nov, 2007
2007-11-14 4:25:16 AM UTC
Hi Anthony -

I had this dream that after collecting so many calendars, I would like to create one. With Ted and Jef providing illustrations (some previously unpublished!) and my daughter doing the publishing (all of those tuition bills are now paying off!), I am not really doing much other than facilitating communications (OK, and getting the Shire Reckoning and important dates correct). I can not wait 'til I have one of them in my hands. This is really exciting for me!

Have the 2008 Colin Williams calendars coming. Assuming that the 08 HI calendar is a success and we do an '09, he said that he would love to be included.

Also have a previously undiscovered variant of the 74 A&U calendar published in New Zealand heading my way, too.

And I just received a mint (unopened mailer) copy of the 74 Ballantine calendar.

All in all, a pretty good time to be a calendar collector!

Parm
18 Nov, 2007
2007-11-18 7:11:31 AM UTC
Hi Phil and Anthony,

who would be best between you two to interview about this with some questions for the Guide? I have a copy coming, so I will get to see it first-hand soon, and I can't wait.

Jeremy
18 Nov, 2007
2007-11-18 5:06:25 PM UTC
Hi Jeremy -

I just left a voicemail with Anthony asking him if he has the time in his schedule (as brief as your questions may be). As he is the HI cochair, I'll defer to him. But I know what it's going to be as my daughter and I did lay out the illustrations, etc yesterday. I am VERY excited about this and am CERTAIN that you are going to enjoy it! On behalf of NETS/HI, thanks for your order.

Phil
18 Nov, 2007
2007-11-18 5:25:34 PM UTC
Well Jessie is responsible for the edits of our art submissions and the text we supplied that will appear in the calendar, I primarily am responsible for herenistarion.org promo of it, but its PHIL AND MEGAN who are the heads of production, --take yer pick, if you wish two of each end of the team I say Phil or Megan and Jessie
Sorry Phil I forgot to address this from your voicemail ;-( in my email to you
Anthony
19 Nov, 2007
2007-11-19 4:40:10 AM UTC
Hi Jeremy -

Just send an email to me and I'll get answers from "the gang" here back to you!

Phil
1 Dec, 2007
2007-12-1 12:51:53 PM UTC
I have posted the Calendar of the Month for December. It is the third in a series titled "Bilbo Baggins and the Fourteen" by Colin Williams.

Also, please consider supporting Heren Istarion by purchasing one of their 2008 calendars. It will contain illustrations by Ted Nasmith and Jef Murray and be in the Shire Reckoning format. You can check it out here:

www.herenistarion.org

For those who have ordered, we have still to receive the CD with Ted Nasmith's illustrations. It was mailed eight days ago. Even by airmail, I expect it to take 10 day to 2 weeks. Hopefully, it will arrive early next week and we will be shipping the calendar soon after.

Happy December to all!

Parmastahir
2 Dec, 2007
2007-12-2 6:47:00 AM UTC
I've got my copy on order!

Hey, I noticed that the calendar has not been announced on the Tolkien Society website. Drop them a note, I would think they would definitely place an announcement on their site (given that you are a smial and all...)

Work hammered me these past two weeks, so I haven't sent my questions on the calendar off yet. Soon...
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us