Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

5 Dec, 2007
2007-12-5 1:06:55 PM UTC
Hi Jeremy -

I will send your comment about the TS to Anthony.

Ted's CD/illustrations arrived yesterday. I spoke with my daughter and may see a proof of the HI calendar today! WOO HOO!!! I would be pleased to answer any questions about it for you (once you find the time to compose them!)

Was very pleased to add a 1980 desk calendar signed by Tim and Greg Hildebrandt to my collection this week. In spite of how many I have collected, I have catalogued about 32 more in the last year alone! So my quest to make my collection compleat continues. Also received the 2008 issues from Colin Williams. They are REALLY nice calendars.

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir
11 Dec, 2007
2007-12-11 11:58:16 PM UTC
I think everyone has approved the final proof of the HI calendar. I made arrangements to meet with my daughter and pick up the printed calendars on Friday evening. Assuming that I get home at a reasonable hour, I will start addressing them and posting on Saturday morning. Here they come!

Parmastahir
17 Dec, 2007
2007-12-17 1:14:24 AM UTC
I will be mailing out the HI calendar (all orders to date) tomorrow. I did pick them up Friday evening and they are absolutely wonderful. Many thanks to Ted and Jef and Christina whose illustrations grace the pages of it. You will not be disappointed with this one!

Parmastahir
19 Dec, 2007
2007-12-19 12:12:29 AM UTC
We did a print run of 60 calendars. 58 have sold. Only two left! That statement is not so much to do the math for everyone as it is tell everyone "Thank you" for making it so popular. Should orders continue, we will do a second run as needed.

Holiday greetings to all!

Parmastahir
23 Dec, 2007
2007-12-23 10:56:24 PM UTC
Comments on the HI calendar are coming in now that they are being received by purchasers. The comments have all been most positive which pleases me no end! I had thought it a wonderful piece. But having been intimately involved in its design and creation, I had wondered if I were biased (which is true nonetheless!) People are wondering if HI will do one for 2009 (which I think we will). It is not too late to order one here:

www.herenistarion.org

You may also purchase one from René van Rossenberg at Tolkienwinkel as he purchased 10 to sell on his site. And there will probably be a second print run as the Tolkien Society (UK) Trading section has enquired about 15 - 25 for their members.

Proceeds after printing and postage costs will support HI's website and journals in the coming year.

With my best wishes for a VERY Merry Christmas and happiness and health in the New Year,

Parmastahir
31 Dec, 2007
2007-12-31 3:42:34 PM UTC
As 2007 draws to a close, I would be remiss if I did not send a great, big "THANK YOU" to all who have supported my quest during this and previous years. I can not see how any year could top 2007. With the support (and keen eyes) of many, I have now been able to catalog 51 new/previously unknown (to me, anyway!) calendars and collect an astonishing 47 of them!!! As the total number of calendars/variants now stands at 270, adding 51 to the 219 that I knew of at the end of 2006 is an increase of 23%.

Of course, one of those calendars was the Heren Istarion calendar which worked on. It was great to work with Ted Nasmith and Jef Murray and my daughter to create it. I am very pleased with the comments that buyers have sent (all most positive).

Also, I note that there are 100 posts in this thread and that the views have now gone over 10,000. The posts I can understand as I write something here at least once/month. But the number of views? While I am gratified by the number, I find it hard to believe that many find this subject as interesting as I (or at least of enough interest to check in). Therefore, I will attribute it to the many supporters "out there" who are looking out for me and keeping me informed. For this, I am very grateful.

I hope that 2007 was good to you and that 2008 will be even better!

Parmastahir
1 Jan, 2008
2008-1-1 2:58:22 PM UTC
Wow that sounds like a great collection!

I only found out a couple of weeks ago that there were literally dozens of them all going so far back!

CONGRATULATIONS!

-TOM
3 Jan, 2008
2008-1-3 12:31:06 PM UTC
A happy eleventy-sixth to the Professor!
3 Jan, 2008
2008-1-3 12:37:35 PM UTC
The Professor!!
3 Jan, 2008
2008-1-3 2:08:58 PM UTC
MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!!!

*RAISES GLASS*

THE PROFESSOR!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us