Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

19 Feb, 2007
2007-2-19 6:43:53 PM UTC
Jeremy - these are the details I have on hand at the moment. Not sure if there is enough detail for you...

The Lord of the Rings. Pre-release promotional brochure. 1978. Saul Zaentz Production Company.

The Lord of the Rings. Press Pack. 1978. United Artists. Information on the film and its makers together with 22 black & white photos.

The Lord of the Rings. Bakshi Film Programme. ?1978? Loring Publishing.

The Lord of the Rings Press Book. Booklet. 1978. United Artists. A guide for American cinemas to help them advertise the film.

The Lord of the Rings Exhibitor’s Campaign Book. Booklet. 1979. United Artists. A guide for British cinemas to help them advertise the film.

The Lord of the Rings. Film poster. Saul Zaentz Production Company.

Middle-earth. Poster Map. 1979. Tolkien Enterprises.

The Lord of the Rings. Video. 1978? Saul Zaentz Production/Thorn EMI

The Lord of the Rings. Video. 1999. Saul Zaentz Production/Warner Bros.

The Lord of the Rings. VCD.

The Lord of the Rings. Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Double LP. Composed and Conducted by Leonard Rosenman. Fantasy Records.

The Lord of the Rings. Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Limited Collectors Picture Disc Edition Double LP. Composed and Conducted by Leonard Rosenman. Fantasy Records.

The Lord of the Rings. Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Compact Disc. Composed and Conducted by Leonard Rosenman. Intrada.

Theme from The Lord of the Rings. Leonard Rosenman. Sheet music. 1978. Saul Zaentz Production Company.

The Lord of the Rings Souvenir Music Book. Magazine. 1978. Tolkien Enterprises. Sheet music and artwork from the film.

The Lord of the Rings. Single Volume Paperback. 1st Unwin Paperbacks Edition 1978. Unwin Paperbacks. Cover Illustration – Black Riders from Bakshi film.

The 1979 Calendar of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings. Illustrations from the Bakshi film. Ballantine Books.

The Lord of the Rings Film Calendar 1980. Illustrations from the Bakshi film. Fantasy Films.

The Film Book of J.R.R.Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Hardback with dust wrapper. 1st Edition 1979. Fantasy Film Books.

The Lord of the Rings Fotonovel. Paperback. 1st Edition April 1979. Fotonovel

The Lord of the Rings. The Official Authorized Magazine of J.R.R.Tolkien’s Classic Fantasy Epic. June 1979. Warren Special Edition.

The Lord of the Rings Coloring Book. Paperback. 1st Edition 1978. Tolkien Enterprises. Contains the pictures from the doodle kits.

The Lord of the Rings Coloring Book. Paperback. 1st Edition 1979. Whitman.

The Lord of the Rings Colouring & Activity Book. Paperback. 1st Edition 1979. Whitman.

The Lord of the Rings Magic Slate Paper Saver. Re-usable Drawing Pad. 1979. Tolkien Enterprises/Western Publishing Company.

The Lord of the Rings Doodle Kit. Colouring Kit. 1978. Tolkien Enterprises. Posters of ‘The Battle of Helm’s Deep’, ‘Gandalf Confronts Saruman’, and ‘Gandalf Battles The Balrog of Moria’.

The Lord of the Rings Doodle Kit. Colouring Kit. 1978. Tolkien Enterprises. Posters of ‘Bilbo’s Farewell Party’, ‘Gandalf’s Last Instructions Before Leaving The Shire’, and ‘The Fellowship Approaches The Mines of Moria’.

The Lord of the Rings Doodle Kit. Colouring Kit. 1978. Tolkien Enterprises. Posters of ‘The Orcs Capture Merry and Pippin’, ‘Gandalf Confronts Saruman’, and ‘Gandalf Battles The Balrog of Moria’.

The Lord of the Rings Painting Guide. Paperback. 1979. Heritage Models Inc.

Gollum Belt Buckle. Brass belt buckle. 1979. Tolkien Enterprises.

The Lord of the Rings. Bed Sheet. 1979. Tolkien Enterprises.

The Lord of the Rings Candle. Wax candle. Affair2remember.

War of the Ring. Board Game. 1977. SPI.

Ralph Bakshi and The Lord of the Rings. James Oliver. Paperback. 1st Edition 2001. Screenpress.
21 Feb, 2007
2007-2-21 5:37:11 AM UTC
Thanks Deagol!

Every little bit helps. I'll put some time in tonight getting pages up for everything you listed. Is that info coming from your collection? Just curious.
25 Feb, 2007
2007-2-25 12:10:46 AM UTC
The merchandising catalogue from Tolkien Enterprises is currently on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-1981-Tolkien- ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dior
25 Feb, 2007
2007-2-25 2:53:57 PM UTC
After reading over Deagol's list, I am reminded of why I specialize in the calendars: there is simply too much "stuff" out there! This is the same reason that I have stayed with the Tolkien calendars and avoided the numerous movie-related issues. Go for 'em!

Parmastahir
23 Mar, 2007
2007-3-23 10:23:06 PM UTC
Oh, I had the Baskshi bedsheets!! Too bad they have been lost to the ages, or my mother turned them into dust rags sometime in the 1980s!

Since there is so much out there to collect, I try to stick to books (though I have let some calendars and other things creep into my collection as well). Luckily I am still a small-scale collector. If I get any more, I will have to move to a bigger house!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us