Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Login expiring bug fix
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I think I have finally licked the login problem that was causing everyone to have to re-login after 30 minutes or so of inactivity. I have no idea how many times I lost news or forum posts because I took to long to write it, or I left the computer and came back!

It is currently set to keep you logged in for 24 hours (even if inactive or if you close and re-open your browser window). Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems with having to re-login during a day, or if you want a shorter or longer window for staying logged in. If you regulars use the same computers and others don't have access to them (that you mind), I don't mind setting the login time much longer (1 week, for example). Has to be the same for everyone, for the time being.

Posted on: 2011/1/18 23:06

Re: Login expiring bug fix
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
perfect! As for now I still need to log-in each time I get here. But on the other hand I don't mind to do so. But I was thinking it would be major cool to be able to log-in with a facebook or twitter connect and to be able to share what I write here (in public forums) to the social media... what do you think? It might attract some more collectors to this place?

Posted on: 2011/1/19 0:55

Re: Login expiring bug fix
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Not perfect if you still have to keep logging on! Although if you are only coming by once a day that is expected. But if you go away for an hour or two and come back, you should still be logged in.

I have Facebook login mostly working but not exposed yet - want to make sure it doesn't break anything.

I had the share buttons (FB, twitter, etc.) for a while but something broke temporarily on their side, and then I never turned them back on... I will peek at that too.

One other thing, but I will post that separately in a moment. I think you will like it!

Posted on: 2011/1/19 16:37

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]