11 hours 53 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Amazon Refund
Just can't stay away
From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk
I've bought the new LotR 60th anniversary box set on Amazon, but see Bookdepository now has it for €20 less. I tried to cancel my order with Amazon, but they said it was not possible as the package was ready to be dispatched.

If I return the box set, will I get the shipping costs and return shipping costs refunded too?

Posted on: 6/21 3:16:07

Re: Amazon Refund
Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Onónion wrote:
I've bought the new LotR 60th anniversary box set on Amazon, but see Bookdepository now has it for €20 less. I tried to cancel my order with Amazon, but they said it was not possible as the package was ready to be dispatched.

If I return the box set, will I get the shipping costs and return shipping costs refunded too?

If you are using a prepaid return label, they will deduct the return shipping costs from your refund as the return is not due to something that is their fault (you have changed your mind). I believe they will also not refund the portion of your initial purchase price that was the shipping component. Makes sense, really - you change your mind, you pay the costs -- otherwise they would be out of pocket and their giant profits that they don't pay any tax on would be reduced...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custome ... ?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200572810

Posted on: 6/21 3:51:29

Just can't stay away
From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk
Thanks for the response, Stu, that makes sense. Maybe I should hope they send the wrong item or a damaged copy... :p

Posted on: 6/21 4:43:06

Home away from home
From Sweden
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
The price on this set has fluctuated a lot the last time. I placed a pre-order back on 8 May at Amazon, and paid £65.85 including shipping to Sweden. On its publication day, it was up to £70.00 (if I remember correctly), and today I see that it's down to £58.50, excluding shipping.

Posted on: 6/21 12:41:58

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Onónion wrote:
Thanks for the response, Stu, that makes sense. Maybe I should hope they send the wrong item or a damaged copy... :p

They send out so many books that get damaged, it certainly wouldn't be a surprise to anyone...

Posted on: 6/21 19:09:47

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]