5 hours 39 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

#1 Super Deluxe Children of Hurin for sale
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Hello everyone

I was lucky enough to acquire copy number 1 of the super deluxe edition of "Children of Hurin". I could be persuaded to sell this, for the right price.

If you're interested before it goes on eBay, please drop me a line, to:
andrew at avro707 dot force9 dot co dot uk, saying how much you would be prepared to pay before p&p (which I will charge at cost). If we can find some way to do it without PayPal or bank charges, I'll be all the happier.

Thanks

wellinghall

Posted on: 2008/4/20 4:12

Re: #1 Super Deluxe Children of Hurin for sale
Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
Come on then -where did you get it?

On the matter of low numbered De Luxe's. There had been some discussion at publication time about #1 and #2 going to CJRT and AL. But ?thekerosinkid (eBayer; can't remember the exact eBay ID) stated he was a family member, and was selling an unnumbered copy! It went for £400.

This doesn't affect your prized #1 wellinghall, but if this story is to believed, family/estate copies were probably unnumbered.

BH

Posted on: 2008/4/20 8:10

Stu
Re: #1 Super Deluxe Children of Hurin for sale
Guest_Stu
I got number 3, and I am pretty sure from the transaction ID on my purchase that I was probably the second transaction in line (and if I hadn't farted around for 15 minutes, I would have probably been first and snagged number 1 myself!). I think 1 and 2 were probably just sold as a pair to a regular punter like me, rather than having gone to anyone 'special' (well, 'famous', anyway).

I personally think the numbers don't make a whole lot of difference (especially as these books are not exactly in short supply!), but hey, maybe it does matter to some people... :)

Stu (Metapraxis)

Posted on: 2008/4/22 2:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]