Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Amsterdam visit
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I'm coming to Amsterdam next month! I will be attending the IBC show (Sep 10th through 15th) so I will have lots of free evenings, especially on the weekend. I've started reaching out to some of my friends and acquaintances in the area, but I would really like to see if we can get some sort of mini-moot going if at all possible. If you are interested and available somewhere in that timeframe, can you let me know here or offline (webmaster at tolkienguide dot com)? Mithrennaith or others involved with Tolkien Society Unquendor, you doing anything that weekend or want to do anything that weekend? I'd love to see any and all of you, alone or in a group!

I can also bring quite a few books (new or used) with me on the plane, so if you want something from the USA and we can arrange a meet, let me know what you want (no shipping!).

Posted on: 2009/8/17 23:14

Re: Amsterdam visit
Just can't stay away
From Tolkien Society Unquendor in the Netherlands
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
We're having our AGM a.k.a. Tolkien Day on Saturday September 12th. That, however is in 's-Hertogenbosch, about one hour by train from Amsterdam. Our custom nowadays is to start the AGM at 11 am, have a long lunch break followed by some sort of creative workshop, or quiz, or auction, before resuming the AGM, and afterwards, at about 6.30 or 7 pm we will have dinner.

But I gather you will be occupied by the IBC programme during daytime. As far as I can see it will be no great problem to organise some sort of meeting in Amsterdam (where I live) on Friday evening, or on Sunday. Even Monday (evening) would be a possibility, but I think would not be as well attended as Sunday. With the AGM on Saturday, Friday evening might not be all that attractive either to people living outside Amsterdam.

Posted on: 2009/8/19 19:15

Re: Amsterdam visit
Just can't stay away
From Tolkien Society Unquendor in the Netherlands
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Have you made arrangements with Fangorn yet?

For he told me he was going to contact you, but I haven't heard anything further. And I live in Amsterdam, he doesn't. If I have to set up anything, I have to know when and what, and time is running short.

Posted on: 2009/9/8 10:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]