(1) 2 3 »

Latest updates
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I've officially put the first article in the database for the website! It's written by someone else and over 10 years old, but still hopefully a useful resource for Tolkien collectors.

Tolkien Fannish and Scholarly Activities and Publications for 1993
written by Sumner Hunnewell

I hope to re-factor the article into sub-pages that will make it a bit less overwhelming soon.

Posted on: 2006/9/20 16:55

Edited by Rowns on 2006/9/21 18:41:11

Re: Latest updates
Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
The 1993 article seems stable and legible now (though I have resisted the temptation to correct some obvious typographical problems, at the moment the article is meant to archive the original, flaws and all).

Finally got the original press release for The Children of Hurin online in the News section.

Trying to revive the blog, spending too much time on site maintenance.

Posted on: 2006/9/22 11:40

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
I'm in the process of adding all of the Sideshow Weta collectibles to the online database, and ran across the first licensed piece of art (to my knowledge) from Virginia Lee, daughter of Alan Lee. Just an interesting tidbit I wanted to share to those of you who are interested - and yes, I know you all only collect books and calendars (at least those of you who post to the forums so far). Hoping to expand our readership through useful data in the Guide... including the long promised American bibliography.

You can find her in the Articles (soon to be renamed Guide) menu (art/sculptures/...) or by using the search function in the upper right corner. Everything appears to be searchable correctly now!

Jeremy

Posted on: 2006/9/29 14:50

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Fanzines section in the Guide has a bit of history started.

Fanzine Publication Listings A - E has been reasonably filled out, rest of the alphabet still undone.

Posted on: 2006/10/1 16:22

Thain
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship
The Fanzine section has been updated with most of the contents of the Marquette collection, as a first pass. I have also added a number of zines that I have/know of that are not in Marquette, and in addition I have started to add single issue descriptions for some zines. Please let me know of anything I have gotten wrong, or if you have areas you can contribute to! Also, Marquette only goes through the late eighties for most zines (with the Hunnewell collection also active in the 1992-1993 timeframe), so there is a gap around 1990 and from 1993 to the present that I have not filled in yet. Delve into those collections and let me know what you have! Especially international issues.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Posted on: 2006/10/4 9:59

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.