6 hours 19 minutes ago

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

HoMe Uncorrected Proof
Home away from home
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Are uncorrected proofs from the HoMe scarce or very valuable? I'm just asking because I found a copy of The Lost Road (American edition) that is an uncorrected proof.

Josh

Posted on: 2008/12/9 19:54

Re: HoMe Uncorrected Proof
Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
If it is a proof with orange (?) boards, I saw one on Abebooks a few years back for $300-400 or so (from vague memory). I seem to remember it being up there for a long time, so not sure if anyone ever bought it.

Stu

Posted on: 2008/12/9 20:21

Home away from home
From Queenstown, New Zealand
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
From Abe:

USD $360

"Book Description: Houghton Mifflin, Wilmington, Massachusetts, U.S.A., 1987. Paper. Book Condition: Very Good. HOLIDAY SALE! ! All prices reflect a 10% discount. Extremly rare uncorrected Proof of the hard to find Volume V of the History of Middle Earth. Orange colored cover with slightly faded spine. Elvish script decoration above and below title on cover and title page. Part One: The Fall of Numenor and he Lost Road. Part Two: Valinor an Middle Earth Before the Lord of the Rings. Part Three: The Etymologies. Also includes, Geneologies, the 2nd simerillion map and list of names. Professional book dealer since 1975. All orders are processed promptly and packaged with the utmost care. Satisfaction guaranteed. ; Uncorrected Proof. Bookseller Inventory # 020882"

I'm not sure if is the same copy I came across/briefly considered a few years back. I remember at the time that the particular dealer on Abe didn't have a digital camera (!) and therefore couldn't/wouldn't provide pictures, so I decided I wasn't interested...

Stu

Posted on: 2008/12/9 22:15

Shirrif
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif
An 'Advance Uncorrected Proof' copy of Lays (Houghton Mifflin), sold on eBay earlier this year for £34 (not sure what it was in $; although I'm sure it was from US.) Don't recall much about it, other than the fact that I'd never seen one; and that the final price was pretty low. Jeremy (Rowns) was (if I recall correctly) definitely in on the bidding; don't recall if he won it tho'...

BH

Posted on: 2008/12/10 6:01

Just can't stay away
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
If my memory serves me correctly, the winner was Valhalla??
It was a good price and I should have made the effort to go after it myself.

Dior

Posted on: 2008/12/10 22:58

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.