- 1982, 1983
- ISBN: Unknown
- Author: Peter C. Fenlon, Jr
- 25 pp.
- This book was replaced by the 2nd Edition Middle-earth Campaign Guide (1993) which also includes the 1st Edition Middle-earth Adventure Guidebook II (1989) sourcebook.
- A full-color 24" x 36" poster map of Middle-earth, including the wild lands - north, south, and east - and a superimposed reference grid.
- Descriptions of the principal inhabitants of Middle-earth, including: a language tree and linguistic data; cultural notes; and an in depth time line.
- Maps and notes on Middle-earth's topography, climate, trade routes, and population centers.
- Guidelines for incorporating Middle-earth into any major role playing system.