- ISBN: 0-915795-95-7
- Author: Jeff McKeage
- 48 pp.
- Material from the Lost Realm of CARDOLAN has been included in the 2nd Edition ARNOR (1994) realm module, which was itself then split into the two 2nd Edition volumes ARNOR: The Land (1997) and ARNOR: The People (1996).
The Kingdom of Cardolan encompasses all of the lands between the Rivers Brandywine, Greyflood, and Hoarwell. For a time, Cardolan stood at the forefront of resistance to the forces of the Witch-king, mounting campaigns against his Orcs, Trolls, and Easterlings. Those were the days of the Royal Army. Now only mercenaries and adventurers remain to block the advance of Darkness. The conflict rages on, but it is a war of pillaging, burning crops, and inconclusive sieges; war with little honor and no glory.
- THARBAD, greatest surviving work of the Númenórians
- LOND DAER ENEDH, Aldarion's ancient seaport
- BARAD GIRITHLIN, mighty tower of the Great Houses of Cardolan
Life is hard and unforgiving for the peoples of Cardolan. For those with ambition and a strong arm it is a time of opportunity. The Princes of Cardolan are always at war, and few mercenary bands ask for references. Sell-swords, noted for low pay and a high mortality rate, fuel the constant strife. For those with a higher purpose in mind, there is always the threat of the Witch-king and his agents. The mightiest of the these is the noxious Warlord whose demise few would lament.
LOST REALM OF CARDOLAN includes:
- 6 FULL-COLOR PAGES: 4 pages of Cardolan regional maps plus a 2 face city map of Tharbad
- MAJOR LAYOUTS: complete maps of Lond Daer Enedh during different periods, as well as the towns of Sudúri and Metraith, the fortresses of Argond and Barad Girithlin, and the Palace of Thalion
- THE INHABITANTS: the Dúnedain, Eriadorans, the Clansmen of Saralann, the Beffraen, and the Northmen and Hobbits