[Guide Home :: Games and Puzzles :: Role Playing Games :: Middle-earth Role Playing :: This page]
LORDS of Middle-earth Vol II: The Mannish Races
- ISBN: 0-915795-32-9
- Author: Peter C. Fenlon, Jr.
- 108 pp.
In a fantasy role playing game, you become a main character in a fantasy adventure you create. With this character compendium you can meet Middle-earth's most exciting figures! Call them forth to add drama and danger to your fantasy game. Debate Gríma Wormtongue, challenge Ar-Pharazôn! Could you outride the Riders of Rohan or withstand the overwhelming presence of the Witch-king of Angmar?
This volume describes the Secondborn, the second race to enter Tolkien's world, the Men. Mortal, they dominate the later history of Middle-earth, and their influence increasingly colors the nature of life in Endor. Each is described in appearance, motivation, characteristics, and background. Game statistics for the MERP and Rolemaster game systems are included. These stats can be easily converted to most major FRP systems.
Inside you'll find:
- NINE NAZGÛL, the Witch-king of Angmar and the other Kings who accepted Sauron's Rings of power and became evil Ringwraiths
- DÚNEDAIN, the High Men of Gondor and Arnor, including Denethor, Boromir, Faramir, and Aragorn II (Strider)
- NÚMENÓRIANS, Lords like Elros and Ar-Pharazon, powerful ancestors of Endor's Dúnedain, the great sea-farers, colonizers, and conquerors
- GREAT FIGURES FROM THE WEST, including Theóden, Eomer, Eowyn, and Wormtongue from Rohan, Bard from Lake-town, and the enemies like Wulf and The Mouth of Sauron