- "A Compendium of Magic Items"
- ISBN: 1-55806-048-0
- Author: Wolfgang Baur
- 142 pp.
- This book was replaced by the 2nd Edition Treasures of Middle-Earth (1994) sourcebook.
In a fantasy role playing game, you become a main character in an adventure you create. With Creatures of Middle-earth you can add the weapons, armor, healing herbs, and the awesome Rings of Power from J.R.R. Tolkien's THE HOBBIT and THE LORD OF THE RINGS to your fantasy game. Dare to seek the possessions that have ignited the passions of Men, Elves and Dwarves.
Here are Endor's most potent artifacts, the famous and infamous treasures that have shaped the history of Middle-earth. Scatter these enchanted items amidst the treasure hoards of monsters and the riches of Kings to add challenge and excitement to your campaign. Could you gaze into the depths of a Palantír from Númenor and survive the visions sent to haunt you? Have you ever desired to possess the treasure heaped beneath a Dragon's scaled belly? All these and more await you!
This volume describes the treasures forged by the inhabitants of Tolkien's world. Each item has a short description followed by a complete listing of its magical powers. Game statistics for the MERP and Rolemaster systems are included. These stats can be easily converted to most major FRP systems.
Inside you'll find:
- Treasures - everything from Aragorn's sword and the Palantíri of Númenor to Sauron's One Ring
- Apparel & Gear
- Jewelry, Gems & Art
- Musical Instruments
- Tools & Trappings
- Creators - the forging techniques favored by each race, including the works of the Ainur as well as those of the lowly Orcs.
- Materials - the properties of the gems, stone, wood, and metals used to create enchanted items.