(1) 2

Tickets available for Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth exhibition

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Tolkien Maker of Middle-Earth.JPG

You can book free tickets, plus a £1 GBP booking fee, for the Bodleian Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth exhibition at this link,
https://tolkien.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/

The exhibition is on from 1st June – 28th October 2018, but if you planning on visiting on the 1st June then try and get tickets for 12 o'clock, so that we can meet up.

Re: Tickets available for Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth exhibition

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Wish I could meet you there! I am trying to arrange a family trip out to London + visiting Oxford/Bodleian this summer, but if it happens it will probably be in August. The kids are back in school by September, so it is unlikely I'll be able to swing Oxonmoot this year too. Have to wait a bit longer for my plans to gel. Hope everyone who wants to go finds a way to make it work, this show should be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Feb 14 - in General Collecting Forum (edited)
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Some images of items that will be on display at the exhibition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-43049574

Had an email from a very long time member of the Tolkien Society, Denis, with a background on what is shown in the BBC article.

The BBC website has released an elaborate article, mainly on the theme of Beren and Luthien about the forthcoming exhibition, including previously unpublished illustrations, the opening page Of Beren and Tinuviel (Quenta Silmarillion in LR, HoMeV)), good quality photos of emblems, Luthien II (with elanors), a page with the Mannish emblems of Beren and Felagund and an unpublished emblem of the house of Earendil (square), and the Second Silmarillion Map.

It includes a short video where Archivist Catherine McIlwaine shows the exercise book of the tale of Tinuviel, The First Silmarillion Map, the Quenta text and the emblems.

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Would love to get down for the opening, but it might work out that I can only attend at some later/random date. If I do, let's definitely meet-up that day.

Trotter, are you planning on attending on June 1st?

BH

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Khamûl Yes, I have booked a ticket for the 1st June at 12 o'clock and am looking forward to it

(1) 2
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us