The Fall of Gondolin
1 ... 3 4 (5) 6

Re: The Fall of Gondolin

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Random Mondays off are also rare & desirable. Some people have jobs.

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Too true, Khamûl.

If anyone is planning to attend a signing and is willing to help out more remote people, please chime in! I am not planning to get a signed copy (from Alan), but others might.

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Khamûl wrote:
Random Mondays off are also rare & desirable. Some people have jobs.

Yeah, you would have to be a bit eager to incur any significant cost in time/effort for an Alan Lee signature. No offence to Alan, but he sure does like signing things...

By Stu

Aug 3 - in General Collecting Forum (edited)
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Waterstones are doing the [Edit for clarity: AL] signed edition, as they did for B&L

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-f ... en/alan-lee/9781785174650

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

All of these are just AL though, yes? There's nothing CoH-style likely to happen here is there?

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Khamûl wrote:
All of these are just AL though, yes? There's nothing CoH-style likely to happen here is there?

Indeed. I don't imagine there will be any CT signed editions. I don't mind paying an extra fiver for an AL edition (and I've ordered one). Mostly I'm interested to see if Waterstones do what they did with B&L and print their own ISBN sticker with the Tolkien.co.uk branding and affix it to the jacket.

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Aye, indeed. That's the sort of absurd minutiae everyone on here can relate to! :D

By Eorl

Aug 11 - in General Collecting Forum (edited)
Group:
Shirefolk

Just wow!!!

https://www.amazon.com.au/Fall-Gondoli ... &keywords=Gondolin+deluxe

I’m sooooo glad it’s not another shade of blue.

10_5b6ec3a5dee2b.jpg 421X578 px

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

I hope this is an early sample, that has been rectified, as the book is struggling with fitting in the slipcase, looks like it will burst if pushed in any further.

By Karl

Group:
Fellowship

What a lovely shade of mucus. Can't say I'm thrilled with the color choice (not the first time) if the photo is accurate. Hey, at least the slipcase opening is a smooth curve! (I agree that it looks much too snug.)

1 ... 3 4 (5) 6
All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us