Tolkien Collector's Guide
Del Rey reveals new covers for The Lord of the Rings coming soon

Del Rey reveals new covers for The Lord of the Rings coming soon

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

These are reportedly coming "this spring". I like the new look!

del rey tolkien.jpg

Re: Del Rey reveals new covers for The Lord of the Rings coming soon

Group:
Shirefolk

They're out. In my opinion the nicest cover art (for a US mass market paperback release) in over 30 years.

https://www.tolkienbooks.us/lotr/us/mmpb/bb2018/

By Eorl

Group:
Shirefolk

The designs for Fellowship and Two Towers look okay (though if I were to nitpick, I’d say the Doors of Durin seem a bit squished).

In any case that White Tree looks dubious - it’s giving me creepy Halloween vibes

Group:
Shirefolk

Eorl wrote:
The designs for Fellowship and Two Towers look okay (though if I were to nitpick, I’d say the Doors of Durin seem a bit squished).

In any case that White Tree looks dubious - it’s giving me creepy Halloween vibes

I'm not saying they're perfect, though I do like them... but compared to all of the film tie-in editions over the past 20 years, they are (to me) a very welcome change. Nice colors too.

By Eorl

Group:
Shirefolk

compared to all of the film tie-in editions over the past 20 years, they are (to me) a very welcome change. Nice colors too

That I totally agree with :)

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Del Rey has told me that the cover artist is Michael James Bowman. These are already in print (obviously), and will slowly show up at retail as the stores order new stock.

They are sending me a set to give away, so more on that soon!

© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us