Interesting eBay Auctions
1 ... 73 74 (75) 76

Re: Interesting eBay Auctions

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Nice, and thanks for the pictures! I haven't run across a Tolkien Phraseology yet myself.

Given that the Thesaurus was snapped up (by someone here?) as soon as I posted it, perhaps you could get a nice price for your collection on eBay (and pay for an upcoming trip?) Too rich for my blood though.

I'm trying to decode one word from Mr. Blackwelder. He says "Some less justifiable omissions will be [cited?] by Bratman in Mythprint." I assume you can help?

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Yes, "cited".

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Yes, I bought it,https://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/auctions/162787450035, and overpaid by a very large amount, and will spend the next few years, thinking why did I spend so much on this

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Some times you just have to grab something you've been looking for a long time, when a copy finally hits the market.

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

As I often say, carpe libellum!

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Indeed! (That's funny )

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

This isn't a book I am familiar with --presumably the content is particularly good to warrant specifically seeking out a copy (given relatively high price)?

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

I think Trotter just likes expensive ex-library books...

BH

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Is this where I say "I wouldn't have such an imperfect thing on my shelf", and "I wouldn't pay more than a fiver for it".....?

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Stu, have a look at the picture of the promotional leaflet I posted, which I think explains the nature and utility of the book well. Even in this age of "ebooks", it remains a valuable tool for researching Tolkien's use of language in The Lord of the Rings, because it pares down and correlates distinctive words and phrases, allowing one to find, by browsing, interesting features one didn't even know to search for.

1 ... 73 74 (75) 76
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us