Hobbit facsimile gift set
1 2 (3)

Re: Hobbit facsimile gift set

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

I am going to get this one from Speedyhen as in this case, I am in no hurry on delivery, they are currently at £32.83 plus free UK delivery, but I can't order as yet.

https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/J-R- ... ile-Gift-Edition/21650088

By Ulmo

Group:
Shirefolk

Has anyone gotten it? Any report?

By Ulmo

Group:
Shirefolk

Ah, found it— https://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/n ... t_id=19211#forumpost19211

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

It is slightly better than the first attempt, but the colours seem to still be a bugbear. The Jacket is too dark and the boards are too bright. The top-stain is less lurid than the last attempt, which is a good thing. Overall the book is undoubtedly an improvement, albeit a minor one.

Worth buying for the CD, but probably not for the book itself if you already have a facsimile first edition. It seems to be heavily discounted, so at least it is fairly inexpensive.

The Lenticular print on the cover is not only a bad technical implementation of a lenticular print, it makes the box look bad. Without the print, the box would be quite nice. I never will understand publishers.

Group:
Shirefolk

I bought it for the CD and booklet. I did so though with a serious gripe at HarperCollins making us buy a gift box to obtain an unreleased lecture, no matter how incidental, an unreleased Tolkien text should not be thrown into a gift set as the hook.

1 2 (3)
All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us