(1018)
Ends Aug 2, 2022
This item ended more than 90 days ago
12 May, 2021 (edited)
2021-5-12 5:54:38 PM UTC
I agree Trotter
12 May, 2021 (edited)
2021-5-12 7:10:07 PM UTC
I already ordered my copy the other day direct from Analectabooks. I have S&G and FoA standard editions similarly remarqued (though FoA was rather cheaper at £26..)

Note it is £10 cheaper direct from their website (https://www.analectabooks.com/store/p2 ... qued_limited_1st_edn.html)
12 May, 2021
2021-5-12 7:38:27 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

I already ordered my copy the other day direct from Analectabooks. I have S&G and FoA standard editions similarly remarqued (though FoA was rather cheaper at £26..)

Note it is £10 cheaper direct from their website (https://www.analectabooks.com/store/p2 ... qued_limited_1st_edn.html)

Wowsa guys that is a hell of a premium to polish a turd
12 May, 2021
2021-5-12 7:58:06 PM UTC

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

Yeah, there is that. I actually really like Bill Sanderson's woodcut sketches, though.
12 May, 2021
2021-5-12 8:08:49 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

Yeah, there is that. I actually really like Bill Sanderson's woodcut sketches, though.

I think the sketches look spendid to be fair. Why I can't fathom the price is I paid £149 for the 3 volume slipcased edition of Stephen King's The Tommyknockers. Compared to this I feel like I bought a yatch for a fiver.
12 May, 2021
2021-5-12 8:23:15 PM UTC

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

I think the sketches look spendid to be fair. Why I can't fathom the price is I paid £149 for the 3 volume slipcased edition of Stephen King's The Tommyknockers. Compared to this I feel like I bought a yatch for a fiver.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I can't remember what I paid for the standard sketched S&G, but was less than £50. The FoA was an oddity as they sold most via the website, but a couple went cheap on eBay at the time, hence the £26 for that one. There are 10 of the SuperDeluxe S&Gs floating around out there (No's 1 - 10) with the same sketching.
12 May, 2021
2021-5-12 8:28:40 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Stu wrote:

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I can't remember what I paid for the standard sketched S&G, but was less than £50. The FoA was an oddity as they sold most via the website, but a couple went cheap on eBay at the time, hence the £26 for that one. There are 10 of the SuperDeluxe S&Gs floating around out there (No's 1 - 10) with the same sketching.

I think you definitely did well there. £26 is a hell of a bargain. You are paying for it now Stu
13 May, 2021
2021-5-13 7:07:30 AM UTC
These are all being sold by the same seller btw i.e. we're talking about the same individual who approached Bill in 2009 to get S&G copies remarqued. This website, eBay, etc; all the same source. Stu, from correspondence, there were only four super deluxe copies of S&G remarqued; these sold for £750. Deluxe/slipcased S&G were £150 in 2009, so prices have remined (numerically) stable; although some copies were sold though auction.
13 May, 2021
2021-5-13 8:07:52 AM UTC

Khamûl wrote:

These are all being sold by the same seller btw i.e. we're talking about the same individual who approached Bill in 2009 to get S&G copies remarqued. This website, eBay, etc; all the same source. Stu, from correspondence, there were only four super deluxe copies of S&G remarqued; these sold for £750. Deluxe/slipcased S&G were £150 in 2009, so prices have remined (numerically) stable; although some copies were sold though auction.

Yep, sorry, I had meant to make clear that the eBay seller is Analectabooks (and it is just a little cheaper to not use eBay).

Thanks for the clarification on the number of Superdeluxes - I had misremembered.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us