My first post here so I'm not sure if this is in the right place. Admins please feel free to move it to an appropriate location if required.

Okay, to get to the point. I'm not sure how many of you are LOTR-movie fans and are aware that the Complete Recordings of the score written by Howard Shore for the movies has been released over the past 3 years.

This year, the accompanying book by Doug Adams "The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films" will finally be released. Doug says, "The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films was written to honor and evoke J.R.R. Tolkien's writing. As such, the concept of the Music of the Ainur is a recurring device."

Doug revealed today that the book will also include a specially comissioned illustration by John Howe titled "Melkor's Theme" to reflect everything that the book represents.

Concerning the illustration, Doug says, "...it's a stunning work - a vortex of detail that exposes layers of details and nuance with each viewing. Here Howe has depicted, for the first time that I'm aware, the face of Melkor and the fury of his contact with a dawning world."

A "teaser" of the image can be seen over at Doug's blog, where you can also find more information about the book in the FAQ section, and an Ongoing Discussion each month where you can discuss the movies/music/upcoming book with Doug and fellow fans.